Monday 10 November 2014

Empties | Review

Hey loves, 

So this is my first empties post and I've got a pretty decent amount of trash to get through, so let's just get into it! 


Like I said I've got a pretty decent amount of trash :) 

First of all I have the Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All In One Cleansing Wipes. I used these the nights when I was just too tired to actually take off my makeup. They are fantastic though, they actually take off all my makeup even waterproof mascara and eyeliner. I think these are the first makeup wipes that have actually removed most of my makeup from the day. Wooo! So they get a solid 10/10 in my book, and a even better thing is that they didn't irritate my sensitive skin! 


Next I have Benefit They're Real mascara, this is by far my holy grail mascara. I use this ontop of any other mascara I use and on days when I am doing a more natural look, I use it on its own. This mascara gives the best separation I have found and makes my lashes so long. This I will always repurchase. 

Next up is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. I did like this product but since my skin has been getting more oily, it wasn't working quite as well as it did when I originally bought it. I do love the Urban Decay setting sprays but because I need one for oil control I got the Urban Decay De-slick setting spray for oil control this time and I find it is working like a charm thus far. I think Urban Decay will always be a staple for setting sprays in my makeup bag. 

The Mac Fix+ is always going to be a staple product for me, I use this to basically meld all my products together before using a setting spray. I find it helps me get just a few more hours of wear out of my makeup. I also keep one of these travel size ones in my purse incase my makeup gets cakey throughout the day, because spraying it on always gives a freshly applied look to my makeup. I will repurchase this again and again until the end of time! 

To continue on the Mac train I have the Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation in the shade NC 25, I love this to set my foundation and i find it gives me that little extra bit of coverage as well because I get a lot of cystic acne, and usually a full coverage foundation feels quite heavy and thick on my face. So I use this on top of a medium coverage foundation, and it gives me full coverage without feeling too thick! I always keep a second one of these on hand because I just can't go without it ! 

So this was a Mac blush. The colour on the back has worn off but I believe it was Peony Petal which is a brighter pink shade, but when it is applied it gives a very nice pink glow to the cheekbones, without looking to "clownesque" (is that even a word? Lol) I find some pinks have a little too much pigment for my skin tone but this one applied super nicely! 
 
And now for some hair product, Chi Iron guard. I do like this thermal protectant, it also smells like man so that's a plus :) the only thing is I like aerosole thermal sprays better because you don't need to wait for them to dry if you don't want to hear the sound of your hair sizzling even though it's protected. I do like this spray but I probably won't buy it again because I would rather use a aerosole one. 


Artego Miracle Lightweight Conditioner, this leave in is pure genius. It's more of a lotion consistency but it doesn't leave your hair heavy. I actually could spray half the bottle on my hair without it being weighed down. I also have super bleached white hair so combing through it when it is wet is a difficult task. The fact this leave in lets me comb my hair wet is beautiful and I will continue to use this until they don't make it anymore ! 

 
Redken Pillow Proof dry shampoo, this is a great dryshampoo without a super strong smell which I find most of them have. And it actually absorbs most of the oil in the hair without weighing it down. I find some dry shampoos are so heavy because of how much powder they put in to absorb the oil but this one is not like that at all! I sometines even use it before bed just so that when I wake up my hair looks fresh and it has had lots of time to work. I will always reccomend this to everyone! 


Last but not least, Klorane dry shampoo. I got this in the travel size in my Ipsy bag and it is fantastic. I kept this little beauty in my purse just incase I ever needed a touchup throughout the day, it's not my favorite dry shampoo but for a little travel size, it did the job pretty well and I always kept it around incase I ran out of my Redken Pillow Proof. It's a good second option and I believe it is a little cheaper than the Redken one as well. 



Anyways loves, sorry for the super long empties post. Hopefully next time I won't hoard my trash for as long! 

Stay pretty girls! 

Xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment